Hold On To Your Butts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of season special event

2 posters

Go down

End of season special event Empty End of season special event

Post by Hickle Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:42 pm

Greetings my fellow Arkstonians, Hickle here. Right lets get straight into this. Anini has mentioned to you that about an end of season event, I wish to elaborate on this and also get some feedback ahead of the event so we all know what to expect. Before I start I wish to apoloigise in advance for any dodgy spelling and or grammar and of course poor punctuation. And also I would like to mention that any levels, values and time frames are all hyperthetical and up for discussion.

Right then, it is my wish that just before a server wipe a creature is spawned in, this creature will either be a work horse (not literal) or a basic carnivore ( a carno or something along those lines). The purpose of this creature is to be a bonus of a person or person's to be used in the fresh season. I propose that 3 days (real time) a creature will be spawned in a random location, Unknown to all except admins. Following the release of said beastie it is then up to you the players to find and tame this creature.

I propose that as the server max level is 120 I would like to spawn in what ever we choose to be level 150, that way it stands out from all others and be some sort of challenge. Now whoever is the lucky tamer will get to keep the creature until the end of the season, unless it is killed before hand. What I would like to know is would you all prefer this to be tribe based, or done individually? I think both ways have great merit, for instance if it's done individually it would make things a lot more challenging as not only would you need to locate and keep it secure from other animals but also players as well. But I totally appreciate that you may wish to do it as a tribe. The choice is yours

I would also like to know how long you think is needed for the event, I have said 3 days but am totally open to suggestions, my personal beliefs are that if we do it for longer you will be tempted to use it in the current season (if you are lucky enough to get it straight away) and could possibly loose it before the new season has started, which would suck. I would also like to get a feel for what creatures you would like to see spawned in, I would like to keep it to working creatures and lesser carnivores, lol we'd all like a level 150 giga but let's face it that's mega unfair and would just be daft. But any input would be greatly appreciated. Also how we go about choosing said beastie, I'm happy for a voting system or just a luck of the draw, so what would happen there is the admins would assign number to all creatures and then use a dice app and just see what happens. Also I think we should alternate it so 1 season it's a carno, then the next season it's an anklo. Having said this I am wondering if one of each would work? I also suggest that we don't have the same creature(s) 2 seasons running.

I also think that it would be prudent if the admins didn't take part, my reason for this is you don't see the national lottery buying it's self a ticket and then handing it's self the winnings, I appreciate the system is a bit different but I still feel it's valid. Also someone is going to have to monitor the event and who better than admins?  Lastly is the location, now I said earlier about it being a random spawn location, do you like this or would you prefer an arena? So if it's spawned into an arena it's all a lot closer in combat terms and you have different choices to make for example, do you all work together to brink the beast down and then go balls out and kill each other and who ever is left standing at the end gets to tame it for their sole use or for the use of their tribe? Actually after putting that I think that would be my favourite way of doing it, but as I won't be taking part the decision is in your hands.

Please feel free to add anything that I may have missed or that you think is beneficial, thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and I hope it tickles your fancy. Peace out and happy hunting

Also we could ignore either of these situations and have a PVP event something along the lines of King of the hill and who ever is left standing at the end or holds the hill the longest wins, and will get said beastie spawned in for the fresh season.

Hickle

Back to top Go down

End of season special event Empty Re: End of season special event

Post by ss2gohan1010 Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:05 pm

Heya Hickle,

Awesome server by the way and heh I can definitely go with you on the dodgy spelling and or grammar and poor punctuation so don't sweat it. So here is my 2 cents on the whole idea I actually find it really cool the thought of there being a 3 day event at the end of the season in order to give said person or persons's a leg up next season and totally agree with it being a work horse animal or smaller carnivore. Here is where I think I have a good idea why not come up with a post asking what everyone would like to see as suggestions then straw poll it and base the dinosaurs each season on the highest voted for and moving down the ranks of the top 5 or 10 chosen to be used as said 150 each season. As for the choice of it being in an arena or not I like the idea of it being randomly placed around the island it is like a scavenger hunt which would be a lot of fun. As for the PVP event I would personally be down for doing it up but again something you might wanna get the opinion of the whole server before deciding, but ultimately the choice is yours as the server owner Razz
ss2gohan1010
ss2gohan1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Hickle Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:18 pm

Heya thank you for your kind words, I'd like to take all the credit for the server but it was mostly Spirix and Nini deserve that Smile.

I have had a think on things and before putting it to the vote I'll throw around a few more ideas. Just to improve on what I had said previously. I'd like to offer up the chance for both a work horse and small carnivore. And I would like to do this over 2 events.

For the work horse I think it would be good to have a 3 day catch and tame, it would stand the same as before. One of the admins would spawn in a 150 beast at a random location, and after 3 days are up or the beast is tamed we could have a PVP event and the winner would get said chosen small carnivore.

As stated previously we could use a "fight to the death arena" and say when you die you are out, winner takes all. Or just have a 1-3 day event where everyone tries to utterly destroy everyone else (this can be done either solo or tribe based) and bases, basically just go nuts and winner will take all. Once we have a winner in either of these situations we will have a server wipe.

I also though "what about a scavenger hunt" and what we could do here is between us admins we could leave boxes dotted around the map the boxes would contain tasks and clues for the next part. We would give you the starting cords then leave the rest up to you guys and who ever brings us back the winning slip so to speak gets the prize. This event could be for a creature or perhaps a low set of armour and tools. Like 2x pick and hatchet, 1x torch and spyglass and a basic set of armour Now having said all that I appreciate that would be difficult and would require a lot of planning. And this is an idea I have had and haven't spoken to the other admins yet  everything here is purely speculative and totally up for discussion.

Me and the other admins are yet to fine tune everything. I just wanted to get a general idea up and running and start a discussion on it. I will later on post a list of creatures I think would be suitable and we can go from there.

Thanks again everyone, happy hunting

Hickle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down